> It is even weirder considering the file was in fact created by CF
> itself using a call to GetTempFile ()... ;-/

I vaguely recall that the CFCONTENT tag runs within the security context of
the web server, not the CF server itself. I don't know if this is still true
with CFMX, but if so it could cause the problem you're encountering. In
addition, if you try to delete a file so soon after creating it, you might
have a problem there too, as it may well still be locked.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444