Well it seems that the vast majority of User Group sites were being
hosted by Doug so this topic has been brought up a billion times on
that list. Here are some of the relevant post:

The following was posted by Tom May on Aug 19:

>Doug reports his provider (SBC) has incurred a major fiber cable cut.
>Consequently, his server is completely dead.  The latest info says it should
>be off two weeks - SBC hasn't interrupted his service for more than 15
>minutes in 5 years and many SBC customers are involved.
>
>Anyhow, he apologies for the inconvenience this is causing and if you need
>to route information to him, please send it to me and I'll forward it on!
>
>Tom

"I talked to Doug yesterday, and it's a backbone issue"

"Doug's is experiencing issues and he is aware of them and trying to fix
asap, but currently does not have a timetable when the issue will be
resolved."

"I just called the phone number I have for Doug, and after three weeks
of busy signals, it now says:  "The number you have entered is
incorrect."

I have nothing to do with Doug or his crappy servers or service. I'm
just passing on information. My opinion as a spectator reading all
these posts in the past month, Doug stole your money.

-Adam