From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:59 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CC Gateway question

As I understand it, once an Authorisation number has been issued
against your card, it remains until it either times out in 10-14 days
or until the transaction is completed and the merchant gets the money.

I bought some goods using 90% of my credit once, and the merchant
stuffed up the paperwork  and we couldn't put the paperwork through
again for two weeks.  I couldn't find anyone in the VISA system who
could tell me how the authorisation could be cancelled so a new one
could be issued.

Thats the way Visa and Mastercard at least do it.  Not sure about the
other cards.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia