Richard Crawford wrote:
> Here's what I've tried so far:
>
> Moving one test message from /Undelivr to /Spool.  Of course there's a
> typo in the name, so I changed it from "Undelievered_Mailxxxxx" to
> "Undelivered_Mailxxxxx".  I also tried removing the "Undelivered" part
> of the mail.
>
> Once I had moved and renamed it, I restarted the JRun server.  Then I
> watched the Spool directory to see when the message would leave the
> spool.  Eventually, the message vanished from the Spool directory but it
> was not delivered.  When I checked the Undeliv directory, the message
> was there.  I checked the mailsent.log file and saw only that the
> message had been moved, but there was no reason listed for why the
> message was undeliverable.
>
> In order to test this process, I introduced a deliberate error into the
> Mail Server settings of the Cold Fusion administrator, so that the
> system would not be able to contact the mail server.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All right, I'm a goober.

When I set the log option to "debug", I was able to find out the exact
error.  Turns out that I had to fix the mail server IP address in the
undelivered message file.  Once I moved the file, renamed it, and fixed
the IP address, then restarted the JRun server, the mail was delivered
and received properly.

Like I said, I'm a goober.

Thanks to everyone who offered up suggestions and assistance.

--
Richard S. Crawford
Programmer III