I've worked on precisely zero web apps that didn't have to have functionality
added to it.

I've worked on precisely zero web apps that didn't have to have maintenance
done to it.

This is over the course of 7 years.

Everything a developer writes can benefit from OO.  Does it make apps more
maintainable?  Sure.  Can it make it worse?  Sure.  Do I have to use my brain
cells to make sure it's more maintainable?  Yes.

Aww heck.  I don't even know why I try here.  I've never met so many damn "IT"
people that are so unwilling to even try something new and try to at least have
an informed opinion, but instead like to criticize something that doesn't fit
into their narrow programming view using the usual lame ad hominem and straw
man attacks.  (this is not directed at you, Steve).