-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Rogers

> You don't always need all of these players.  Right know, I have my credit
> card account with Northern Trust and they've hired an electronic provider
> (ADP/Chase) that we use to process transactions.  We do not have any
> additional fees besides the rate we negotiated with our bank.  The
> majority of our transactions are card not present all settled
> electronically.

Some companies provide all three services (payment gateway, Internet
merchant accounts and merchant account). I'm no expert, but I believe that,
in the United States, you need an Internet merchant account that's separate
from your merchant account (business checking account) for card-not-present
transactions.