This happens when you have a shortcut link in my documents that is pointed
to an invalide file or folder. For example, if you put a file on a mapped
drive and stored a link to it in my documents - but later dropped the mapped
drive. Homesite is trying to make something of the link but the exception
code doesn't anticipate this condition.

-Mark

Mark A. Kruger, CFG, MCSE
www.cfwebtools.com
www.necfug.com
http://mkruger.cfwebtools.com



-----Original Message-----
From: Claremont, Timothy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:12 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Homesite+ Flippin out


I have the same problem recently. My only observation so far is that the
timing seems coincidental with a Windows update applied by the IT
department. Unfortunately they don't tell us what they are patching and
why, so I can't elaborate.

I have resorted to navigating to the file I want in Windows Explorer and
double clicking on it to edit....


Subject: Homesite+ Flippin out
From: "Venable, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:17:24 -0400
Thread:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm/method=messages&threadid
=40740&forumid=4#209677

I'm running into a problem with Homesite+ 5.5 that I've had before and
it's really driving me crazy. I go to the file pane and try to open the
My Documents folder and it opens the dialog and proceeds to jump to ~95%
CPU and stays there for several minutes before finally letting me choose
a file. Anyone else ever hear of this??

Thanks

john

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it
from your system.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.

Thank You,
Viahealth
**********************************************************************




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking 
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with a 
client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=67

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:209691
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to