From: jonese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF7 lots of new "Ambiguous column name" issues

It is definatly a sql issue because when i copy out the queries and past
them into enterprise manager or query analyzer i get the same error.

It's not random it happens on the same query on every site which has 2
tables with the same column name (in this case archive).

I've changed the query to referance the column as tablename.column name and
this has resolved the error for our users but i'm still curious as to why
this suddenly started appearing with CF7.

an example query would be like so:

SELECT #preserveSingleQuotes(CompanyNewsTitle)# AS thisValue, companyNewsid
AS thisID, ordinal, ISNULL(active, 1) AS Active
FROM companyNews
WHERE companynewsid NOT IN
(SELECT companynews.companynewsid
FROM version
INNER JOIN companynews
ON version.instanceItemID = companynews.companynewsid
WHERE formobjectitemid = 134 AND archive = 1)

jonese