Not really. It's basically the same problem as you have with regular web pages.
You can require and use cookies for state management, or you can explicitly
create a token that will then be passed to future requests for the same
"session".

Ok, but I don't understand the "web service" side of things enough to visualize
how to do this.  How does one create a persistent object from and/or for a web
service CFC?  Does ColdFusion create a session for a web service I can access?
What does one do with the token when it is returned to access a "session?"

I'm hoping for a quick outline or sample of the techniques for doing this.

Thanks

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.