Kym Kovan wrote:
> mac jordan wrote:
> 
>>anyone know a ColdFusion equivalent to Mailman?
>>
>>anyone know what House of Fusion run for these lists, and if it's available
>>to purchase?
> 
> iMS from www.coolfusion.com, excellent, totally programmable, in CF of 
> course, mail server. Runs HoF and an awful lot more round this planet. 
> We use it as a Hosting Provider as our main Mail Server, hundreds of 
> domains and thousands of accounts, good List server, CF-Talk being the 
> perfect example of that, etc, etc. Cannot recommend it higher :-)

IMS isn't really a list server, is it?  The product details for IMS say 
"unlimited mailing lists" but I can't find any other information about 
it.. it comes with POP3, SMTP, POST, and RELAY servers.  There's nothing 
in any of the documentation that I can find.

The product details for Fusionmail list "Announcement Lists" but not 
discussion lists....

You could, of course, build a list server interface, but I don't think 
that's what the original poster was looking for.

I've done a lot of research on the whole listserv thing recently - and I 
started to build my own, using a coldfusion gateway among other things 
to handle the retrieval of incoming mail from the mail server.. but 
after a while decided that we'd be best served by just sticking with our 
current listserv solution - which is MDaemon.  Supports ODBC mailing 
lists, and the list data files are actually plain text which suits are 
needs because we have some mailing lists that are generated by our 
mainframe and then FTPed over to the mail server.

rick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking 
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with a 
client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=67

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:226423
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to