Try something like:

rereplace(string, "(.*)\(.*?\)", "\1");

Not tested, YMMV, and probably not very efficient.  I'd probably look 
into more conventional string manipulation to take care of it.  Like by 
finding all the open parens, and nixing everything from the last one on.

--Ben

J W wrote:
> I have a regex brain teaser.. Well at least its teasing my brain.
> 
> How do I lop off the end of a string up to and including the first (
> 
> for example:
> blah blah blah blah (2) (12345678) would become
> blah blah blah blah (2)
> 
> Thanks!
> Jeff
> 
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking 
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with a 
client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=67

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:226424
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to