If you care about the speed difference, CFML is the wrong language to
be using.  CFML is designed to be "fast enough", but primarily focus
on ease of development.  If you care about the handful of clock cycles
that might differentiate those two, you're better off with a platform
that is designed with performance foremost on the requirements list. 
I.e. C with assembler libraries.

Now if you want to know about readability, that's a far better
question, though I think it boils down primarily to personal style.

cheers,
barneyb

On 1/30/06, James Reily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which of these executes faster, or do they each take the same amount of 
> processing?  Are they equivalent "under the hood"?
>
>    <cfset foo = "#var1#123">
>
> or
>
>    <cfset foo = var1 & "123">
>

--
Barney Boisvert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
360.319.6145
http://www.barneyb.com/

Got Gmail? I have 100 invites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:230765
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to