I am using Any....so that's why I am confused.  I thought that should
grab any possible error in the enclosed process.   But for some reason,
when the com object times out reaching the other server, it errors out
of the cfscript and doesn't handle it via the cftry. 


--------------------------------------------------------


Eric J. Hoffman
Managing Partner
2081 Industrial Blvd
StillwaterMN55082
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.ejhassociates.com
tel: 651.207.1526
fax: 651.207.1536
mob: 651.245.2717

--------------------------------------------------------

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for [EMAIL 
PROTECTED] If you are not [email protected] you should not disseminate, 
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately by 
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from 
your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or 
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Eric J. Hoffman therefore does 
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this 
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is 
required please request a hard-copy version.
--------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----

From: Dawson, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:56 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Cftry doesn't catch COM Errors

What "type" are you catching?  "Any" or something else?

It's been a while, but I think it works for me using a VB COM object I
wrote.

M!ke 

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric J. Hoffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Cftry doesn't catch COM Errors

I have a cftry block wrapped around a cfscript that creates a COM object
and tries to talk to another server.
 
When it can't, it throws an error rather than following what I want to
happen in the cftry block around it.
 
Anyone know a good way to handle this error?
 
Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:231671
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to