From: Jeff Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:08 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: A very specific "message board/forum" question...

Does anyone have any recommendations for Message Boards/Forums that are
CF based that are as close to being like phpBB as possible? I'm in the
process of possibly being tasked to take over and redesign a site, and
one of the things they've asked for is "message board/forum" continuity,
and they're currently using phpBB.

Now, the reason I want to find a CF alternative and hopefully port over
their users, is because one of the things they're doing is creating lots
of login type stuff sitewide, and I'm naturally going to use CFLogin and
the CFLogin framework to validate users sitewide and provide security
via that way, tying in session management for a shopping cart, little
games, user persistence, etc, and I'd LOVE for the message board to be
tied to that user persistence.

I'm looking at this board www.phpbb.com and would love to hear from
anyone in the CF community who has experience with a CF equivalent.

Jeff