From: Robert Everland III [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: A very specific ""message board/forum"" question...

I just started using PHPbb on one of my sites and I am quite impressed
with it. I don't see anyreason why you wouldn't be able to use the
database that PHPbb uses and either import the usernames and passwords
into what you're doing in CF or just feed off of the usernames and
passwords directly. You could even do something where when they log into
ColdFusion and they try to go to the forums that you pass the username
and password into a page you create in PHP so that they are
automatically logged on. Why reinvent the wheel if you got a nice
performance tire ready and willing to be used.

Bob