The query is a massive query involving an inner and a few outer joins
with several conditionals around the joins. Because of new
requirements, I have to add four more tables to this beast of a query
so that I could let the DB do the math. If you have ever dealt with a
query that involves inner and outer joins, you would understand the
nightmare that is involved with guaranteeing the query always returns
the data you want.

So I need to do math on a column based on that specific columns needs.
Since adding more joined tables to the mix cause massive problems, I
want to do it after the fact. The only other choice is to rewrite the
query as a stored proc but my skills are limited in that area.

Phil

On 3/24/06, Ken Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm more interested in why you "can't" do the calcs in your original
> query. Why don't you post the query and tell us what the calcs you'd
> like to do look like. I'll bet we can figure a way to get it done in the
> query.
>
> --Ferg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:236157
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to