From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: adobe certification site

> = is an assignment operator, not a comparison operator. EQ and IS are
> comparison operators. I wouldn't say it's an inconsistency. It
> actually makes a little more sense. With that said, I screw it up all
> the time.
> However, one thing that's helped me is that at MAX in New Orleans we
> covered some performance tips and if you use EQ on numerical
> comparisons and IS on string comparisons, the performance will be
> better.

I remembered someone saying this had been debunked as something that was
true at one point in time but no longer true with recent versions of CF,
like the idea that cfscript is faster than tags or the fact that iif()
is slow compared to equivalent cfif and cfset statements.
Both of these two latter examples are items which were true once upon a
time, but not with recent versions. Or so I've heard.

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework