From: Ray Champagne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:42 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: protect downloaded files?

Anyone know if there is a surefire way to make all downloaded files
read-only?  We have a client that wants to have files available to
download, but the original author doesn't want to have them be able to
be edited.  We're talking PowerPoint, Word, PDF files here, BTW.

Any advice on how to make this happen would be appreciated.  We've found
that even using the "Read Only" attribute in the file properties doesn't
persist once a copy has been downloaded to the client.

TIA

Ray