Is PayPal Pro service different from Verisign's PayFlow Pro?  We've been
using verisign's service for a while now, and although I have to say their
support went down since paypal took them over, we haven't had the problems
you are describing.  There are good examples in CF on how to use the tag,
and it works fairly well.

Russ