D F wrote:
> So I'm investigating Flex 2 and its painfully slow. Didn't seem to bad at
> first but gradually got worse and worse. Has anyone else been experiencing
> this?

Like others pointed out, in order to turn the above into something
answerable, you'd have to replace "Flex" with something more specific.

Assuming it's the Eclipse-based FlexBuilder environment, there are
definitely tips for speedup. One of your later messages noted that you
only had 512 (megabytes) RAM and were running other applications...
that's a clear candidate for quick testing before posting; just restart
and see if a fresh Eclipse start differs at all, then consider RAM for Java.

But if that's not the key on that distant machine, the search term
"flexbuilder slow" pulls up a number of performance optimizations for
Eclipse.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd