I'm confused.

If the 'Timeout requests after XX seconds' setting in CFAdmin is set to
60 seconds and a request (for us almost always a database request) takes
longer than 60 seconds I get a message in the CF logs that 'The
unresponsive thread count is up to X.' When the request completes I get
a message that 'The unresponsive thread count is down to X.' and another
message that the offending template ran x seconds.

I thought the purpose of the time out setting in CFAdmin was to free up
the offending thread once the time out limit had been reached. But the
log file message implies that the thread is kept open until the request
returns from the database at which time it is then terminated and freed
up.

Is this maybe two types of time outs - CF processing time outs vs.
database request time outs? And what I describe above is CF practicing
good database request housekeeping?

Does it make sense that 1) if a thread is kept open until the request
returns from the database, even if that request goes beyond the time out
setting in CFAdmin, and 2) if the CF processing on the returned answer
set is at most a couple of seconds, it would make sense to not time out
these database requests?

Running CF5 . . .  :(

Thanks!

George