Hi, i am used to programming standalone computer applications not internet
applications and would really appreciate some advice.

I have a form with quite a few fields (text boxes etc...) on it. For
additiional HCI, when the user edits the form from pre-exsting data, i like to
have the fields all green, then if they edit some of the fields they turn red,
to show that the changed data needs to be saved.

To lesson the load on the database interation, i would like to program it so
that when the user clicks save changes, it only updates the database based on
the fields that are red. This is quite simple in standalone computer apps as i
just code it to look for the fields that are red, but of course with the
internet apps i cant check this as when the user clicks submit the fields are
gone.

Can anyone give me some advice on how this can be done. I am a bit lost with
this. Thanks