On 10/4/06, Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Seriously, what's a third reason why you might attack someone else's
> network?

The quest for knowledge!

Seriously, replace "attack" with some nicer word, and maybe you have
an argument like "I was testing the lock", so to speak.

Seeing as how one might be liable, for how someone else set things up-
it might be a valid argument.  But doing that stuff might be frowned on
in someplace like you've described working, where they have their own
"byte security" teams and what not.  (those guys get paid some $$).

Not that one who is paranoid would take that at face value- high dollar,
super trained team as it may be.  But that one is probably more of a
freelancer anyway.

Which is good, cuz, hey, look at how much of this stuff is outsourced.

I'm telling you, this whole conversation makes me ache for a spam echelon day...

Let's continue this thread using only encrypted posts, fer kicks.

Those of us who aren't black listed, of course.  LOL. =]

I'm going to go try community again.  Peace out-tees 5000 - |}en*
(I am smiling while I read though, which is better than frown-coding, right?)