Ok, I guess I was kidding about community.  Later[1], I swear.

I'd also take a look at ^JasperReports --as a personal fave, it rocks--.

I'm not impartial or unbiased though, I honestly mostly just like the
"feeling" I get from the community and software.

It's a robust solution for many reporting needs, and is java based, so
it's like, niftyer than a specific OS, or whathave you.  The report
builder is awesome, and it can use hibernate, xml, jdbc... whatever
you want to use, pretty much.  I really dig it. Obviously.

And they've got a server, and other stuff now that I am eager to some
day play with.

If you or others[2] need help, I can try- as I use it, and like it.

[1] although I think I may have implied I was going to do it then, I
didn't say so, did I?
[2] I just put this here so I could use the numbers[3] instead of the
star- er- Astrix.
[3] Or I coulda double starred it... now that I thinkabout it, numbers
aren't appropriate, maybe. Heh. to take exclusive possession of...
yeah, that's the word I meant.

:Denny