Dan,
To do it line by line via Java, I've used java.io.FileReader and
java.io.BufferedReader. Theres plenty of info online and probably some cfc's
available that already do it.

However, in most cases, you can just turn the file into an array by using
listtoarray on the content from cffile then loop thru that array.

Make sure you use arrays as opposed to list structures, as its a fair bit
faster.

DRE