I'm still working on my one-to-many object composition and I think
I've found the solution but I don't know how to loop through the
object in this instance.

I have a product service with a getProduct() method. That method
passes the product id to a item gateway which returns a query of
product items with a matching product id. The query is then appended
to the product object being returned by the getProduct() method in the
product service. Here is some code to help make sense of it:

<cffunction name="getproduct" access="public" output="false"
returntype="whmedia.com.product.product">
        <cfargument name="prodid" required="true" />
        <cfscript>
                var vars = structNew();
                vars.product =
createObject("component","whmedia.com.product.product").init(argumentCollection=arguments);
                variables.productDAO.read(vars.product);

                //set item query
                vars.items =
variables.itemgateway.getByAttributes(prodid=arguments.prodid);
                vars.product.setitems(vars.items);

        </cfscript>
<cfreturn vars.product>
</cffunction>

On my view page I can do a dump of the query contained within the
product object like so:
<cfdump vars="product.getItems()"/>

I can also access each field in the items query using dot notation
such as product.getItems().itemid

What I can't figure out is how to loop through all of the records in
the items query. I have tried <cfoutput query="product.getItems()">
but it produces an error saying product.getItems() is invalid.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Aaron