I think they mean what bugs to fix in the next software release and what
bugs to fix in the one after that

*shrug*

kinda like any peice of software

if you have 10 bugs they break down to

1 mission critical bug
2 critical bugs
4 non-critical bugs
3 non-bug updates (syntax, interface look etc.)

then timelines:

mission critical bug #1: 3 months to fix
critical bug #1: 1 month to fix
critical bug #2: 2 months to fix
non-critical bug #1: 4 weeks to fix

in order for any company to make money they have to release a product on a
deadline, therefore to reach that deadline to contune being a company they
have to push somethings off to the side. No application larger than

if 4 eq 4 then print "4"

will ever be completely 100% bug/error/annoyance free

if a company stopped to fix everything then their product release date would
dissolve and the company would have to live off of previous sales for the
next x years. Wich in some cases work, and in others dont

when dealing with any product the size of cold fusion you probally have
thousands of quirks/bugs most of wich the average user doesn't even see, to
fix all of them would mean years of work.

but i don't know much about this subject, so if i'm wrong i assume no
responsibility for property damage