> I suppose you need to get the facts straight before commenting. If you
are
> talking about mySql then it is only free to use and modify with open
> source
> projects. This means that if "YOU" create applications using mySql
under
> the
> GPL then your application also has to be open sourced.

No, it simply doesn't mean that at all. It merely states that if you
modify the open source software itself, and choose to release the
modified version, it must also be open source.

Simply using MySQL in your application does not constitute modifying it,
nor does it mean other components of your application must be released
under the GPL.

Here are a couple of references:

First section:
http://www.itmanagersjournal.com/articles/12878