From: Christopher Jordan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 9:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: php equivalent of application.cfc

In fact, here are the two lines I included in my php.ini file (which on
my fadoracore4 system is located in /etc)

; Automatically add files before or after any PHP document.
auto_prepend_file = application.inc.php
auto_append_file  = onrequestend.inc.php

I named the files anything I wanted and I included the .inc to remind me
that they were include files. Then I just named them after their
coldfusion counterparts.

Have fun, and educate your pro level PHP developers. ;o)

Cheers,
Chris

Rob Wilkerson wrote:
> Don't know what to tell them, but I've done it.  At least with PHP
> 4.x.  I've included the php.ini doc.  Search for "auto_prepend_file".
> The second hit describes what it does.
>
> http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php
>
> On 3/2/07, Andy Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I just asked two pro level PHP developers I used to work with and they
both said there is no automatic way of including a file. Only way is to have
an explicit include call.