It appears from the lack of response on this mail list to my question
that none of you have any idea.  I'm bummed and feel now I must look
elsewhere besides ColdFusion to solve this problem.

I will post this one last time in the hopes that someone will respond
with an idea or suggestion:

- - - - - - - -
I have been asked to write a web-based editor to allow users to edit
individual attributes themselves directly.  I have done this and it is
working for text attributes however it is not working for images.

I have written the code to upload and READASBINARY the file.  Then when
putting the new file back into ldap I use
jpegPhoto=#toBase64(BinaryImageContent)# which I was told that images
for LDAP were stored in base64 (Let me know if I'm wrong) but it appears
to not work for me.  Is there some sort of switch you pass to LDAP when
your code is updating an image attribute to somehow flag it as a binary
attribute?

I've been looking for an answer and have posted questions on more then
20 forums and blogs over the past week.  You all may have detected that
I am a bit frustrated and desperate  :(

 <cffile action="READBINARY"
file="#root#\update\upload\#file.serverfile#"
variable="BinaryImageContent">
 <cfldap action="modify"
          DN="#qry_get_one_emp.distinguishedName#"
          attributes="jpegPhoto=#toBase64(BinaryImageContent)#"
          modifytype="replace"
          server="#LDAPServer#"
          username="#LDAPUsername#"
          password="#LDAPPassword#">

Changing this
attributes="jpegPhoto=#toBase64(BinaryImageContent)#"
to this
attributes="jpegPhoto=#BinaryImageContent#"
also errors since it appears that CFLDAP or http does not allow you to
use binary directly in the call.

I'm at a loss and looking for any help possible.  I really don't want to
tell my client that ColdFusion can not do this.  I'd much rather say
that I didn't know how and the ColdFusion community were able to help me.