I'd like to know what's wrong with putting CFCs into the session scope too.

There are SOME CFCs that dont belong there, but i'd have thought there
were some that DO belong there.

For example I quite often collect information about the user and their
session in a userbean.cfc.   I'd have thought the session scope was
the perfect place for that.   On the other hand i often use a
CFCFactory.cfc which instantiates CFCs as and when required.  That
belongs in the application scope I'd have thought.

Whats wrong with putting CFCs in the session scope?  The way you said
it, Neil, it looked like you were saying CFCS should NEVER go into the
session scope.    Did you mean it that way?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month