> Hi Jeff,

> A very quick answer is that if i came and worked for your company would i
> know on the first day which snippets did what?  Would I conform to your
> standards?  Frameworks allow people to pick up code and run with it
> quickly
> and conform to rules set out with in the framework.

Well, we'd sit you down in front of a computer that was already built and
ready for you. Pointing you to our in-house development server, and all the
sites would be pre-loaded. Your snippets would all be arranged by type and
named explicitly, so the answer is probably, "yes, if we hired you and
interviewed you and discovered that you were a trained programmer who was
familiar with Dreamweaver, then we'd expect you to be able to do exactly
what Dreamweaver does out of the box".

As far as standards go, we're a very open ad agency with very open minded
programmers. Our "standards" change about as often as CF does. We didn't use
CFCs until they were made available, but when they were, we all used them.
We all comment our code *a lot* and our group always performs what's called
a "post mortem" on every site we deliver. We have a meeting at the
conclusion of every new job to discuss what we learned, where we might've
done better, and how we can apply it going forward. Our "standards" are a
moving target much like the business we're in.

Our workflow with Dreamweaver allows people to pick up code and run with it
quickly and conform to "rules" that we all use as part and parcel to our
development team.

I just always thought this was how Dreamweaver was supposed to work, and I'm
surprised at how many people simply don't use it the way (I understood) it
to be designed... as an IDE.

Interesting...