> Because I'm a firm believer in choice - and I find .NET
> restrictive and limiting.

Is this solely because it requires Windows? If so, that's certainly a valid
answer, but perhaps irrelevant to lots of people.

> What I *AM* saying, (read this part carefully) is that it
> limits you in your choices once you invest in it. CFML,
> Java, PHP, and Ruby do not include this limitation, and also
> allow you to perform the same tasks that .NET does. So... why
> would I purposely chose to limit yourself when there are
> non-limiting alternatives available?

There are quite a few things that you can do with .NET that the other
languages listed cannot, just as there are some things (like GD) that you
can use from PHP. I submit to you that this list of things is pretty large,
actually.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net