Hi Russ,

well you really should take a look at Railo. Railo 2 is MX 7.02
compatible and you could easily use it instead of other engines. The
Railix version for instance is a zip file that you can just unpack into
a directory and start it with a batch or sh file. No installation necessary.
Furthermore Railo supports all common Frameworks like Fusebox 5.x,
MachII 1.x, ModelGlue, Coldspring, Coldbox etc...

Just give it a try.

More here:

http://www.railo.ch and http://www.railo.ch/blog
http://david.low.me.uk/2007/05/27/multiple-instance-madness/