Thanks Kevin, I saw an earlier post of yours that mentioned how you
didn't like using sessions with flash, and that is was a pain in the
arse.

Technically though, this shouldn't have much to anything to do with
flash or remoting. I'm working on a chat application and have it all
working except for one final thing. I store each user in a db table.
When a user closes their browser window, I want to delete them from
the table. Flash doesn't care (or know) that the window was closed so
I'm turning to a server side solution. What I'm trying to do is store
their name somewhere on the server, and then be notified when they
leave. The only thing I've found so far is Sessions, and the
onEndSession event. Where I'm stuck is knowing a) where to stick the
variable I need when inside the cfc called by flash, b) how to get
the onEndSession event to fire, and c) how to reference the variable.

John