>> Our spam protection is basically not allowing any
>> messages originating outside our network to be
>> delivered to any domain not hosted on that VOPMail
>> machine

That spam protection won't help you if a spammer uses a dictionary list to
send email. The most common type of spam right now is a dictionary attack on
domains you host, not relaying to hosts you don't.

meaning they will send hundreds of thousands of messages addressed like this

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

And so on. One host I know routinely gets upwards of a million emails a day
addressed like this. This is the greatest single threat to ISP's today. Most
servers can't handle this.

 - Steve