I have tried a few ways to export from CF to Excel. I tried a basic
query and used <cfcontent> to download the file. I tried <cfreport>.
They both seem to work fine but a security warning pops up on the client
computer when the file is opened. It seems to only come up on computers
running Office 07. Here is the message:

"The file you are trying to open, 'dataFile.xls' is in a different
format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not
corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you
want to open the file now?"

If you hit yes it opens fine. I am just concerned that this will confuse
users and they will not open it.

Any suggestions on how to stop this besides client side security
settings in Excel?

Thanks.

Steve Sequenzia
Thinksys Incorporated