> I'm with Brian here - I don't see why this is critical. The
> only known cause of a problem in this area (that I know of)
> is when the Google Accelrator came out and it began auto
> firing Delete links in web admins.

Any program that automatically follows links can cause this problem, as long
as it has credentials to access the URLs in question. Google Web Accelerator
was simply one example. Google Search Appliances are another. Rather than
worrying about these programs, you can simply avoid the problem altogether
by conforming to the appropriate RFC recommendation:

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/