You're proving my point. Going through your app and changing any <A HREF>
tag that targets a link that changes data on the server to use POST instead
of GET *is* an increase in complexity. And, if I understand you correctly,
you're doing it just to get a pop-up window from your browser? A pop up that
anyone can ignore, or that a spider can just bypass anyway? When under the
hood you're still going to have to have logic to make sure the user is
logged in, and editing data that they are allowed to edit, etc.?

Is this really the best reason someone can offer to justify making all
data-editing URLs use the POST method? I know it isn't anyone's job here to
convince me, and that I'm the one ignoring this rule, but so far I'm still
not seeing any particularly compelling reason to be concerned.