I hear you, Dan.

And like I mentioned earlier, I went to the trouble of
installing VMWare Player, an SVN appliance, and TortoiseSVN,
but, even after working through the docs, couldn't get to all
make sense.

I'm going to try working on Eclipse/CFEclipse first, then move
on to SVN, if I make it that far.

There's just too much assumed knowledge.

It's easy to forget what others don't know...

Rick