I've not had any problems with Eclipse, it's one of the most reliable
bits of software I have, although I have seen other developers
installs get nuked by plugins (always back it up first!).

However, saying that, it doesn't always run overly smooth, for
instance, I regularly have 5-10 second period of "thinking" occuring
when changing certain UI things around...

Neil