Now that is a useful list... Nice going jerry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Guido [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 12:43 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Adobe ColdFusion IDE survey

My wish list for a CF IDE.

Everything that CFEclipse and the Adobe's plug-ins has with support for:

Better short cut keys for code snippets. Not "Ctrl J" but the way the HS/CFS
did it. I stuck with CFS for a long time because of DW not supporting short
cut keys.

Right click >> edit tag - I stuck with CFS for a long time for this as well.

Intellisense on CFCs with help (like what Aptana did with the JS
libraries) - especially the Admin API, and to a lesser degree the popular
frameworks - ColdSpring, MG, M2 etc. What Aptana did with the JS/AJAX
libraries is nothing short of amazing.

Better Intellisense for html and CSS.

Intellisense/ Auto-complete for CFfunctions and CFscript. That is a Biggie.

Database Manager. Like the one in MS Visual studio where you can edit the
database and data

A better query builder with JOIN support and code coloring.

Better and faster integrated *Local* help for CF tags/functions.

Built in access to basic CF Administrator functions.

I would like to see a leaner version of Eclipse (my version eats up way too
much RAM).

Creating a new IDE or reviving CF Studio would be a waste of resources IMHO.
CF Studio *was* great but it took too much hacking to get it to work with
other languages (Java, PHP, ASP, C#, JS, SQL etc).

Eclipse has spoilt me. I can jump between the above languages in a single
IDE and have Intellisense and pop up help/hints for all of them.

Thanx,

Jerry Guido
Programmer
MGT of America, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this electronic communication is intended only
for the use of the addressee, and may be a confidential communication.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmittal in error; any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited.