Yep. That should do it.

Thanx for taking the time,
Gerald


On Feb 8, 2008 7:07 PM, Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > <script>
> > var x=document.getElementById("mySelect");
> > x.options[x.selectedIndex].text="Melon";
> > </script>
> >
> > <select id="mySelect">
> >   <option>Apple</option>
> >   <option>Orange</option>
> >   <option>Pineapple</option>
> >   <option>Banana</option>
> > </select>
> > ---------------------------
> >
> >
> > I googled it and I can't find a way to do it using the
> > "value=" attribute (which I already have)
> >
> > I tried doing this:
> > -----------------------------
> > var x=document.getElementById("strTimeZone");
> > x.options[x.selectedIndex].value="PDT";
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > Would (in theory) select this item:
> > <option value="PDT"> Pacific Daylight Time
>
> If I understand correctly, you're looking for something like this:
>
> var x = document.getElementById("mySelect");
> for (var i = 0; i < x.options.length; i++) {
>        if (x.options[i].value == "PDT") {
>                x.options[i].selected = true;
>                break;
>        }
> }
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
> http://training.figleaf.com/
>
> WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
> http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;160198600;22374440;w

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:298598
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to