I disagree that hints are cleaner than comments.  Comments are set apart
from the logic, display, whatever.  They are semantically easy to parse
as ignorable by the system, remove systematically, etc.  They don't
clutter the tags.  They're available both in the tag-based language and
script-based language.  They're a standard feature, in some way or
another, of *every* language.

Replacing them is, in my opinion, silly, and your suggestion seems like
an unnecessary "augmentation" that would add neither a fundamental
improvement in performance, a new ability, or enhanced ease-of-use.

Sorry to be so negative, but I just don't see it.

--Ben Doom