On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Tom Chiverton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Wednesday 18 Jun 2008, Matt Williams wrote:
>> shop owner. They were primarily a CF shop but have decided to do all
>> new development with Ruby on Rails. I'm only vaguely familiar with
>> Rails. What is so attractive about Rails that they would do this?
>
> I have no idea, now CF is free (Railo/OpenBD), esp. given the time it'll take
> to retrain and retool.

I don't think the Rails draw is only price driven. It's the
auto-generation piece. We have some ways to do this, but there is not
something that just stands out.

What is the learning curve on Rails? Maybe that coupled with price is
what is attracting people. Yes CF is easy to learn, but to jump into
auto-generated DB components takes some digging and learning.

Maybe the move toward Hibernate will be the thing that makes CF an
easy choice, especially for java developers.
--
Matt Williams
"It's the question that drives us."