---- Original Message -----
From: "Eric P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The problem becomes even more difficult to enforce
> since ISPs don't necessarily want to offend their paying customers.

It depends on the ISP.  I've seen plenty that didn't mind telling a customer
they needed to clean their server or be shut down.
The real impossibility I've found is actually getting information about the
user of an IP address. (This is probably a good thing).  ISP's generally
won't cough anything up without a court order and you usually can't get one
of those unless you have a certain dollar figure worth of damages.  I have
had ISP's contact their customer's on my behalf to question them about
suspicious activity though.

~Brad