This should be pretty simple to achieve.  One of the restrictions with threads
is that a cfthread can not spawn another cfthread.  So your going to need one
scheduled task that runs at a suitable interval.  It will need to see if theres
a thread running and if not, kick off the first thread.  The threads will need
to report there current status somewhere the scheduled task can check - to a db
or application scope.  When the scheduled task next runs it checks if the
previous task completed and then starts the next thread.

Chris