You might be able to kick of the first thread (set the action to run) then have
a list or something that you can loop over and have a "join" cfthread inside
the loop with the same name as the first one. Something like this.

<cfthread action='run' name='t1'>
 do something
</cfthread>
<cfloop index='i' from='1' to='50'>
    <cfthread action='join' name='t1'>
        do something
    </cfthread>
</cfloop>

I have not tried this, but the 'join' action tells cf to wait for the named
thread(t1) to finish.

Joey