Instead of messing with rewrite, you could use ADSI to script the IIS metabase 
to create all of the vdirs.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms525389.aspx



>So I want to set up multiple web site subdirectories that all use the same 
>code.
>
>www.somedomain.com/site01/
>www.somedomain.com/site02/
>www.somedomain.com/site03/
>www.somedomain.com/site04/
>
>when accessing these sites, the URL should never really change, and
>coldfusion should see #cgi.script_name# as /site01/index.cfm
>/site02/index.cfm etc..
>
>I can do this with IIS virtual directories, but we will have thousands
>of web sites.
>
>I wondered if ISAPI Rewrite can allow me to rewrite *ANY* subdirectory
>call to another subdirectory...
>
>ie, rewrite /.*?/ to /site/ ... but still have CF know that the URL
>was /site01/ /site02/ etc...
>
>-- 
>Rick Root
>New Brian Vander Ark Album, songs in the music player and cool behind
>the scenes video at www.myspace.com/brianvanderark 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:314391
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to