Dave,
The initial contract set out that we would have code updates on a monthly
basis, so the progress could be reviewed etc.  The intent was that we would
be provided with a complete system that functioned as the old system did,
but with some new features and not in C++ 6.  It was a contract, and there
were a ton of milestone deadlines, none of which were met, ever.  We kept
moving things and obviously kept developing, trying to get a functioning
beta out, or well anything.  Don't get me wrong, I did see functioning work,
just not by the appointed deadlines.

Well, I can see using some of the .NET stuff I guess.  I mean it is already
written right?  I can access the library from CF8 (which I do have) and the
couple of functions that are written seem to work, but I have not been able
to put it under a huge load yet.  I have already started planning an
interface through CF using ColdExt to replicate the web-side that we were
initially shown (course I got mine together way faster....)

Part of my problem, with not having a beta that works properly, is that I
cannot evaluate the programs speed across my network, which I know sounds
like it wouldn't really matter, but if something takes 7 seconds to
complete, rather than 2, then after having staff do that something 100 times
a day, their productivity goes WAY down just for having to wait for
something to complete.

And I know that the monetary evaluation is subjective, but I am trying to do
some due diligence before hand.

Thanks!

Rob